MG15CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Marshall: MG15CD

Purchased from: Xmas Present

I use a PRS Soapbar SE (P-90 pickups). It makes an alright sound for the size of the amp. The guitar is beautiful, so all weaknesses in my sound are due to the amp. The gain sound is alright, crank up the gain and volume and it's pretty good, and stick an FX pedal through and it's even better. But it's crap at low volume. The clean sucks, simple as, and creates feedback at high volume. Well I can't describe it, but it ain't good.

Overall this suits a bedroom rocker. I take this to school and band practice and it produces a good enough and loud enough sound for that. However I will soon get a larger amp for gigs. I think it's one of the best beginner/bedroom amps about, apart from its slightly more complex counterparts, the MG15CDR and the MG15DFX.

This thing has never, and doesn't look like it ever will fail me. It's been through a bit but doesn't show any signs of breaking. I don't use it at (proper) gigs because it's too small, but it's larger counterparts share its reliabilty.

2 channels, clean and overdrive. It was an input an output and a headphones, treb, cont, and bass EQ as well as gain control and two separate volume controls, one for each channel. Nothing special as you can see, but in my opinion amps with all these effects are a bit of a joke. Don't be deceived, it's 45 watts (says so on back). Don't ask why it's called the MG15, and it seems to small for 45 watts. I don't know much about amps anyway.