MG15CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CD

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I used my dad's Telecaster for this review, I don't have my guitar yet (it's on back-order). Of course, the guitar had single coil pickups. The amp suits my style, which, as I said before, is hard rock. This amp isn't noisy, unless you crank the gain up all the way. It can make a variety of tones, from a perfectly clean jazz tone, to a bluesy crunch, to distortion so extreme it sounds like white noise. I haven't cranked the clean channel yet, because I don't want to make the neighbors angry, but the official site claims that it distorts at high volumes. The distortion can go from very gentle distortion to death metal.

Overall, I really liked this amp. Despite other people being really critical about it, I like it. I've been playing for 5 months, and I have an acoustic guitar, but I ordered this with an Epiphone SG and a bunch of other stuff, but the SG is on backorder. I'm borrowing a Telecaster from my dad until I get it. If it were stolen, I'd get the one with reverb instead. I love the Marshall looks, but I hate the fact that it's solid-state. If only they made tube amps this cheap.

I don't gig, but if I did, I wouldn't use it, because it's too quiet to be heard over drums. Since the amp is brand new, it's still in perfect condition. But it's very durable.

I just got this amp today. It's bigger than I imagined. It was made in 2005. This amp is very versatile. I play hard rock, mostly Led Zeppelin, and this amp is perfect. It's the best solid-state amp I've ever played. There are 2 channels, clean and overdrive. The channel switch is between the clean volume and the overdrive gain. There is a headphone jack, as well as CD input for you to jam along with your favorite bands. I wish it had reverb, but I could have paid $30. 00 more for that.