MG15CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Marshall: MG15CD

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

My guitar is an Ibanez SZ 320MH with stock pickups, this amp doesn't do the guitar justice. It suits my music style sort of, which is Jazz on the clean channel, and a whole variety of heavy music on the dirty channel. It is really noisy on both channels and with all settings. The amp can do a clean sound and a distorted sound, just not very well. At high volumes the clean channel breaks up into a horrible fuzz. The distortion is a joke, at medium to high volumes, there is a wobbly caracteristic in the sound, almost like a very bad tremolo.

My style of music is jazz to death metal, this amp can do it fine, but its really nothing special at all. I've been playing for about 2 years and this is sadly the only amp I own. I wish my brother had bought a different amp than this one. If I lost this amp or got it stolen, I would laugh at the person who finds it and dance because my mom would need to buy me a new, better amp. What I love about this amp is that I can use it for practice, what I hate is the tone. My favourite feature is that its better than plugging it into the computer and playing with the computer speakers. I never got the chance to compare it to other products becuase my brother bought it, I wish he did more research. I wish this amp had good tone.

My brother bought this amp when he started getting into guitar and has since given up and passed it on to me. It's been about 3 years and it still works like the day he bought it (not to say it ever sounded good). I simply wouldn't gig with this amp, despite the fact that its never broken down on me, it just wouldn't be loud enough.

This amp was made after the year 2000. It is a 15 watt solid state amp with 2 channels and a 8" speaker. The first channel is clean and stops being clean after about 5, which isn't even that loud. The second channels is the distortion channel. It isn't that loud at high volumes but what do you expect. There is no way to switch channels unless you push the button on the front of it which is a pain.

Matnu
    You forgot the best feature on this amp: the "self-destruct" button! (when you press the overdrive this little amp has the unique tendancy to either die noisily or just give up all together)
    thunderinblack
    the amp is good but if used at full volume frequently it will get a horrible amout of feedback my school has 3 in the music department there average about 5 years and are compleatly bugerd though if your not using it in a band and dont push it all the time its fine