MG15CD review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CD

Purchased from: Rockingrooster.co.uk

I use a Fender Strat style set up with single coil pickups. It suits my music style very well which varys from some acoustic sounding stuff to some very heavily distorted stuff. I have no problem getting a god sound for either styles. The controls on the front allow me to get a sound very close to exactly what I want. It is very variable. The sound is very slightly distorted at high volumes but it is nothing major. The distortion is very brutal on high gain which is how I like it.

Overall I like this amp a lot. It is very versatile and therefore suits my music style well. If it were stolen then I would be very annoyed but would replace it with the same amp again. It is also excellent value for money. I used to have a Fender Frontman 15G but which was pretty crap but this amp is 100 times better ad for 20 less.

I cannot comment on this very much as I have not had the amp very long but it looks solidly built and looks as though it will last. Also noticed that it come with a 3 year guarantee which is very reasuring and shows Marshall have confidence in it so I expect there shouldn't be any problems with it.

This amp is very versatile, my style of music varies from some acoustic sounding stuff such as R.E.M to some heavily distortion metal stuff such as Metallica. It suits them all well. It has 2 channels(clean and distortion) a headphone jack, and a CD input. The only feature I would ever wish it had would be a foot switch to switch channels, but I can buy that seperatly. I use this amp only for practicing which it is excelent for. I sometimes use it in my room and other times I use it in my local hall with my mates. It works very well in both areas and definetly has enough power.

rtripton
    I own this amp and hate it. It works, but the distortion tones for metal are just terrible. If you buy it, plan on purchasing something else in 6 months or a year, cause you will get tired of this. They try and say that "it has the Marshall sound and Marshall quality," but they are lying. Marshall high-end product is nothing like this.
    King ofKumbucha
    WORST AMP I HAVE EVER PLAYED...I once owned this s hitbox before I traded it in at Sam Ash for $40 store credit. I considered myself lucky that they gave me anything
    riffmerchant
    well i have never tried the 15 watt, but i started off and still use my shitty Marshall MG10CD too small for my liking only has clean vol and od volume, gain and tone/contour controls, which is shit i was expecting bass, mid, treble controls off a good name like this, but i bought a little compact Zoom 505 II ME Pedal which isnt the best, but its the only ME i have used and when it is connected to the amp it actually sounds good because the distortions happen to be 10 times better than the shitty marshall crunch off this little 10 watt piece of crap. Im hoping to buy a new amp this christmas, but i cant make my mind up whether it be a Marshall 50 watt stack or something along the lines of a Mesa/Boogie, but i have never tried any other amps apart from line 6, Drive and Marshall practice 10-20 watt amps, so if any could help me out (im looking for a really ground shaking, head banging bassy kick ass heavy metal crunch) oh and before i go, a friend of mine actually has one of the marshall MG series and beleive it or not his ****ing blew up when he tapped in a very low frequency bass distortion from his ''Landmine'' distorion pedal!!!! so if you do have one of these amps you have to be careful what volumes you are using for certain distortions, which is not something u shud be doing with an amp really, peace out dudes
    Fossilized Love
    E V H 5150 wrote: Hey geniuses, that's why you buy a distortion pedal. Ever thpught of that?
    Not everyone is going to use a distortion pedal to make up for a shitty amp. It's common sense.
    super666fender
    yep: terrible amp (woah, i was the first to review this one too! that was leik...4 years ago!) anyway, sumguy mentioned it has a self destruct button when u press to go to OD. very ture. my distortion crapped out on me about a year ago. i was playing, on the OD channel, and then it just...died haha. The amp is nto sitting behind a stack of clothes collecting dust.
    Hells_Bell
    The problem is that even with a distortion pedal it's still going to sound like utter crap. I am curently playing this amp, I borrowed it from a friend because my prevoius amp died out on me in a freak accident, and it sucks. My previous amp was an Ibanez TBR15 costs less and sounds better.
    garden of grey
    LOL @ people giving this 10's. For a practice SS amp, go with the pathetic line 6 or the better roland cube. Neither of them are nothing up against a great amp, but they will sound good next to this.
    garden of grey
    this amp costs $69 where a good distortion pedal costs $80-250.
    Fender_punk
    Apparently, it was due to bad soldering, but everyone tells me it commited suicide because I was playing through it.
    hahaha
    s_cholette88
    think thats bad try an ibanez 10 watt it blows and sucks all at the same time... but this is also a piece of shit
    fornillia
    this amp really should not be considered by anyone playing for over a year.
    hokiecmo
    This was my first amp. That should be your only excuse for having it.