MG15CD review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Marshall: MG15CD

Purchased from: Second Hand Shop

I use a Jackson Warrior JS30WR witch I am very happy with. I usually play through the 100 watt combo version witch sounds much better than this in everyway. It's sounds tinny to me, a bit trebbally not enough base in there for some reason. Turning the contour anticlockwise helps and the middle control helps but it still sounds like somethings missing.

Not the best amp on the planet but you can get some OK tones from it. As I say it sounds too fuzzy at times and tinny. It has not got Marshall tone in my opinion, if you want something like that get a bigger Marshall. Not many features either, but I would say it's OK for beginers or a spare practise amp but don't expect much from it.

These are built pretty strong on the whole. The outer covering seems a bit weak, probably dints easy if dropped but I take pretty good care of it. Never packed up on me though and can rely on it through a jam or band practise. I've had it about a year and no problems yet but will be getting rid in the future.

Two channels, clean and distortion, simple enough except there is no footswitch so there's a small black button on the panel. I don't know when this amp was made, I know these amps were made pretty lately though. There are not many features except gain and contour control and a CD Input, which is handy for practising. I wish it had reverb I know there is one with it on but what you gonna do, I have a DigiTech effects pedal so I am not fussed. You can get various sounds out of it from the features (especially the contour control).

lausey
    This was my first amp. It's crap. Sure, it's okay for a first amp or just a practice amp. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone playing metal or for anyone who wants to play loud - it's just not built for it.
    MetalUpUrAnus
    I had never played a marshall until my mate bought one of thes around. It sucked and I reckon my 10w epiphone amps sounds better lol.
    Spaceace1994
    my friend bought one thinking he could play guitar to join my band. Its not as bad as you guys make it but i would never buy it.
    masterofeedback
    how can anyone like it, my mates got one and it sounds nasty, even against one of those little touque trio thingies with an od pedal in front. best thing is to salvadge the speaker and be done.
    lukeuh36azabc
    i hav one it's not good. the clean channel is ok but the distortion is terrable it isn't distortion it's just noise that sounds bad. but the FDD is good though
    prinnysquad
    lol well this sucks, bought mine for abouts 60 two weeks ago with my new guitar, only did research for the guitar, sucks to know that i got ripped off =(.
    Kada2110
    I bought it Its my first amp! Im a beginner and im learning to play, and i think this is good for beginers...