MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: RGM Music

The amp gives a really good friendly sound for acoustic-style songs, using reverb & the FDD switch (Frequency Dependant Damping) through the clean channel. When using the Drive Channel, you will need to turn the volume down to about 4 or 5 on the guitar, otherwise there is a lot of feedback. once you have the guitar at the right level, it gives a good, clear, yet heavily distorted sound.

I dont really have much more to say about this amp, except its the best one under 50 watts that i've ever used.

This 15 watt amp is powerful enough to use in small gigs, for example, i used it in my bands first performance, to audition for a "Battle of the Bands" contest (which we completely messed up because we didnt have a singer until 15 mins before it, which wasnt long enough for him to learn all of When I Come Around by Green Day) the song was going good until about 1/2 way through the first verse, which was as much as the singer knew.

When I Bought my Fist Electric Guitar & Amp last week, I bought a Fender Frontman 15R, which broke down the next day. I went back to the shop and replaced it for a Marshall 15CDR, which had pretty much everything the Fender had:- 2 channels (clean & drive) gain, equaliser, reverb, audio input and headphone input. As this amp is bigger & heavier than your average Practise Amp, it is very heavy and is not something you would want to be carrying around.