MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: Davis

My main guitar is an Epiphone SG Special. However I also own a Ibanez RG7620 and a Squier Fat Strat. All three guitars sound really powerful when played through this amp even though its pretty small. I play mainly rock and nu-metal and this amp does not suit my style at all. Its overdrive is very fuzzy and unclear for the thicker strings. I play through an Epiphone Special SG and most of the time I use drop tuning. Therefore I would love it if the bass strings are more clear in tone but this amplifier just gives it a very fuzzy wazzy sound. So I run it through a Zoom 505#2 and thankfully, it sounds much better. There is a good point though, it is very versatile and I can play all types of music from rock too jazz to classic rock. Very good sound if you have a good pedal. Otherwise, hope you have fun enjoying the fuzz from the overdrive.

Overall I find this not such a good match to the metal that I play. Thankfully my Zoom pedals resolves that problem. Other than this, I own a Ibanez 10 watts that is pretty crunchy but not as powerful as the Marshall MG15CDR. If it was stolen or lost, I may go for a bigger amp but give then really low price tag I think I would choose this again. I would diefinetly recommend it as a practise amp or for use in a small gig. Small but powerful!

Well, it's still very new but give Marshall's durability I would say it is qutie durable. I am planning a gig soon and I would use this amp. I would diefinetly use it without a backup!

I got my Marshall MG15CDR in 2005. It was two channels. Good clean and distortion. There is a headphone jack and the cd imput is pretty useful too. The reverb on this amp is also very useful. I use it most of the time and it adds unbelieveable depth to the sound and makes it richer even though the sound from my Epiphone is already rich and full.