MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: Spectre Sound

I use a 220 Pounds Richwood R125 Which has high output pickups. I play rock music mainly and it suits it extrememly well. The amp is a bit noisy when using Overdrive and when you have gain on full but that's expected, it's is really nosiy when you se overdirve full gain near like a computer or TV. The amp produces a good rock sound which suits me well. You can also get a metal kinda sound and a bluesy sound. The clean channel is slightly distorted on full volume but it isn't noticable if your playing a song at all. The amp has Overdrive. It is pretty brutal on full gain so you can get a real rock/metal sound.

I've been playing 11 months now. I have a cheap Strat copy and a Richwood RE125. A Boss MT-2, Behringer OD100, DigiTech RP50. I also have another amp which is a Behringer GM108. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy another, I'd save up and get a 50 watt Marshall MG series as I think the MG series is great. I love the tone control and flexibility of the amp. I can't say I hate anything. My favourite features are the FDD and spring reverb. Really top notch amp.

I can depend on this amp for sure. I wouldn't need to use a backup at all. The amp is still in pristine condition and seems to eb shwoing no signs of wear and tear at all.

This amp was made in 2005. I play Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Rise Against etc. (rock, punk rock or whatever you want to call it) and I can get a decent sound for them but when I am playing with distortion I just turn the EQ contols on to 10 and then just edit tone on my Boss MT-2 and Behringer OD100. It has 2 channels, clean and overdrive. This amp doesn't have foot switchable channels, so if you want that you need a 30 watt+. The amp has reverb, which is good, it gives more depth to your solos, so it's great for lead. It also has a headphone jack and CD input/emulated line out which are useful. I wish it had some digital effects but I didn't want to spend loads just for the same amp but with some effects for like an extra 20 - 30 pounds. I like the effects on my multi FX anyway. I don't use the FDD feature when I'm using headphones with the CD input. The sound from the CD is a little fuzzy with headphones when I have FDD on. I use this amp for band practise and home use. It could be used for live performances in pubs or other places similar to pubs as 15 watt is very loud when you use full gain on pedals etc. It does have enough power for me for the time being. It has a feature called FDD (Frequency Dependant Damping) which adds depth and width to gives a sound 'never bfore chievable in a solid state amp'.