MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

I use a crappy Peavy raptor plus and it sucks with the amp it came with but on the MG15CDR it sounds amazing. It really suits my style of music, mostly rock 'n' roll and a tiny bit of metal. It sounds really good on any setting so far and I've had no problems. The reverb effect is amazing and really give depth to what ur playing and sounds amazing. The clean channel has some distortion when you put it past half ways but its not that noticable and its supposed to eb there as it is called the "crunch mode," mostly for blues.

This is a good match for rock 'n' roll music, I've been playing for 14 months now. I have a Peavey Backstage amp which sucks ass, they even took it off their website, and I ahte that amp. I also have a Peavey Raptor Plus guitar wich is my only guitar but I plan to get a Epiphone Les Pauls Standard soon. If it was lost I'd deffintaley get the same one again, if it was stolen I'd cry then get another one. I love the distortion, it's perfect and pulling off a sollo with thie amp is so easy it's just so fun to play on. I didn't compare it 'cause I already knew I wanted it I chose it 'cause it was perfect for me 'cause it wasn't to loud for my room practice, to old people next to me and it is very good for everyhting. It would be swet with some DFX but tis ok without them, I mean I'll just get a pedal.

Well it's a Marshall so its abviously very dependable and I might gig it without a back up, I don't have much gigging experience. Never ahd any problems with it. I treat it like it was my child.

The amp is the 2005 model and I've had it for 6 months. It owns! It can play pretty much any genre os music. Its really good for metal, I play ltos of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, GN'R, Jimi Hendrix and other rockn roll bands. I mostly play rock 'n' roll (obviously) and it's really good for that. It's got a clean channel and overdrive channel, just like any other amp, and they both sound amazing. It has a really good spring reverb witch really does jsutice to a solo and even some chords but its a pane to switch on and off every 5 minutes but it's worth it. It's got emulated headphone jack and CD jack and you can plug it in to record what you're playing, lots of amps have that so its not significant. It would be good with some digital effects but if you want that get the MG15DFX for just get a pedal. This amp has a ton of power and I use it for room practice so far but I would definately use it for band practice or gigging in a small place like a pub or garage.

benjy118
    Yeha i have this amp and i dont think its so good, the tone is just bad i have to use a distortion pedal because the distortan on this amp is so terrible
    treagar
    This amp sounds awful. The cleans are mediocre at best and the distortion is terrible.