MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: Riff Music Shop

I'm using an old GRX series Ibanez with H/S/S pickup setup. I mostly use the bridge humbucker, and I must say that the OD is fantastic and brutal. It is however hard to control it at times, so I had to get used to it. The clean channel distorts to a bluesy overdrive when over half volume, but that is mention as a feature.

I play mostly metal, so this amp fits just in. If it were stolen, I'd definetly get another MG series amp, but probably an MG30, as it is footswitchable. And That is the only pain about it. My impression is great, and really recommend this amp to every metal player out there.

It's very dependable, however I'd use a backup on a gig. Just for the hell of it. It has never, ever broken down, and it's very durable. The front panel is virtually indestructible. Well, tis is just what you would expect from a Marshall. The power cord is also fixed to the amp, so it will not get lost.

The amp was made in 2005. I play mostly metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath) and this amp is very good for what I need. It has 2 channels, clean and overdrive. Clean has only volume regulation, while OD has gain control too. It has a 3-band EQ (bass, contour, treble), spring reverb with level control. It also features a CD-in, emulated line out and a headphone jack. I use this amp for playing with my friend behind the drums, and I must say that It has enough power and is clearly audible an half volume. The amp also features FDD (Frequency Dependant Damping) circuitry which emulates a valvestate amp, and it does it pretty good. However, it lacks a footswitch input.