MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: Andertons

I use a Yamaha Pacifica 112 with 2 single coil pickups and a humbucker. It doesn't really suit my style due to the very gain heavy distortion, which is only really suited for metal. I use a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal to improve things It is a bit staticy when the amp distortion is used, but with the pedal there is no noise. This amp can produce a good metal sound, but it is hard to find classic Vintage light distortion, because the distortion is a bit grainy and heavy. The clean channel gets a bit distorted at high volumes but it still sounds nice and bluesy. For a 15 watt amp though it sounds pretty good.

I play standard rock and this amp is a fairly good match. It works well with a distortion pedal as well. I wish I had tried out some other amps such as a Roland Cube 15 or a Orange Crush 15 but this amp is very good for a beginners amp. I like it because it feels and looks like a proper piece of kit rather than a useless little practice amp. I also like the reverb function, nice touch. I don't like the amp distortion much because it is a bit harsh and grainy. If it were stolen or lost, I would try out the amps mentioned first before coming back to this one. Overall this is a very good practice amp. Lots of people hate MG Marshalls, and they aren't great amps -- the 30 watt version is a pile of garbage. But this 15 watt reverb amp is the eception. Consider this amp for your first one.

The amp hasn't failed on me and the fit and finish is good. The speaker isn't kick proof and is protected by this material which I don't like as it is a bit flimsy. I wouldn't use this particular amp as it isn't powerful enough but I think it is a good sign for other Marshall products.

This amp has a clean and distorted channel, a headphone jack, a reverb function, 15 watts, and 3 EQ settings (bass, contour and treble). Solid state with 8" speaker. It also has a volume control for distorion and a volume control for clean. There is also a dial for controlling the amount of reverb wanted. The dials are situated on a gold painted piece of metal which looks cool.

benjy118
    Mine was 90 I think i baught it only because it was a Marshall and cheap
    l3xbi
    was told when i bought my first guitar "you can't go wrong with marshall" LoL what a fool i was. mmm peavey valve king 212 on the way!!!
    Hells_Bell
    Man this amp is horrible. The tone sucks no matter how you set it. Don't buy this amp. I owned it, and i was so disapointed. It sucks even as a practice amp.