MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: guitar teacher

The guitar I use is a Les Paul styled guitar with humbucker pickups and it sounds perfect for just jamming or practicing in a small room like mine. The amp does suit some of my music styles (heavy metal, punk) but when I want to play indie or funk I need to bring out my effects pedal as it only has two features clean and overdrive. The distortion of the amp has a variety as it has a gain control the lower the gain the more clean it sounds and the higher the gain the heavier it sounds but if the gain is at full you get a lot of feedback.

I really like this amp as it's probably the best practice amp out there that's in a decent price zone but as I got it second hand I got a discount I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a small practice amp that is reliable and not that crap you get with a guitar pack. If this amp was stolen or lost I would buy it again.

I can depend on this amp for a band practice at one the members houses but I couldn't use it at a gig only because it's too small. The amp has never broken down or not worked as I keep it in good condition apart from when I dropped it once while it was on it made an echo or crash but when I tried it, it sounded fine.

The amp has the normal jack inputs, headphones input and line out input what most amps have. I only use this amp for practice never for gigs because obviously it's not powerfull it does give the sound I want for some music I play beacuse the overdrive feature is very powerfull but as I use an effects pedal I don't need any of the effects it comes with (clean and overdrive).

nik_I
    i have this amp and it sounds fine to me. it is a PRACTICE amp after all.