MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: Ionnou Music Center

I use this guitar with my Epiphone Les Paul Junior (humbucker version) and my Zoom G1X. When you have the Gain at more than 6 in overdrive mode, it can get quite noisy when you are not playing, but because I always use this with my Zoom G1X, so there is next to no noise. It can make a few different sounds, but not that many different sounds. The manual has said that when the volume is over 5 in clean mode, it adds a 'slight bluesy crunch', which isn't true unless you crank the volume over 7. The amount of distortion you can get on this little thing is unbelievable.

This is a good amp for a very affordable price and suits a lot of different music styles. If I got this lost/stolen I would think about about buying this again, but I would see what else is on offer first. The thing I like about this amp is that you can hear low notes very well, even if there is a lot of gain added to the sound and the 'FDD' feature gives it a brilliant sound. A good amp for a good price.

I've been playing with this amp for a year now and there is only a little rip about 5mm long in the top of the amp. I don't see why you wouldn't use this without a backup while gigging. The amp has never broken down and there has never been any noticable problems that I have had with it.

I got this amp in late 2005 so I suspect it was made some time in 2005. This amp is pretty good for most styles of music, particulary good for rock and punk because of its clear distortion. It has one clean channel and one overdrive channel, it has bass, contour and treble controls and a reverb control as well. It also has separate volume controls for the clean and overdriven channel. It has a jack for headphones/external speaker etc. and a jack for a CD player, mp3 player etc. This amp features an 'FDD' function which simulates the sound of a Vintage tube amp. I use this amp for absolutely everything, for practicing, rehearsing with my band and gigging. It does fine for all of those things and even manages bigger gig venues like auditoriums.

Sebara
    This is a good amp, I own it along with many other considerably large amps, and I have found its tone very good, taking into account its size and price etc. Some other people have commented that it is rubbish, well... if they want better amps perhaps they should earn some more money, buy one and stop whinging! This is a good PRACTICE amp, not a gigging amp. (although it works fine in them)
    Karol1701
    I think it's 499 in Polish money I know Riff Shop And it costs something like 499=over 100$
    zakattak_
    even for a practise amp its pretty rubbish, i got an old marshall reverb 12 from the 70s and its soooo much nicer. maybe things have gone downhill since then. im gonna get rid of this n stick to my old one
    megadeth_online
    well... this amp sucks... dont buy it... unless u like punk rock... its not 4 heavy metal... if u want something really loud and good distortion... get line 6 spider III 15... 4 the same price or less... anyway...this is my advice... cuz i tried them both... MARSHALL GOOD AT STAGE LINE 6 GOOD AT HOME for 15 watt get the spider