MG15CDR review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15CDR

Purchased from: MusicGoRound

This amp has the very reliable Marshall sound. The reliability of Marshall is why I decided to go with this practice amp over a Fender or other brand. The clean channel I immediately feel in love with. The sound is very crisp and clean. Every note is able to ring out unhindered. The overdrive channel is also versatile. It allows for a crunchy sound on low gain to a high gain hard rock/metal sound on the higher settings.

I play a wide range of musical styles. This amp seems to suit them all. Like I said before this amp is meant as a practice amp. Not as a recording amp or concert amp. If you use it for what is it meant to do you will be very pleased. I have owned several practice amps and I am the most pleased with this one.

So far this amp has been very reliable for me. I bought this amp used for a local store and seems to be in great shape. I would not use this amp for a show or gig because it is just meant to be a practice amp. Its great for back stage and warming up, but when I hit the stage I will go to my larger Marshall stage amp. This amp serves well also as a amp to travel with you to Jam with friends.

The Marshall MG15CDR is a great practice amp for the value. It is a very simplistic amp to use. There is not a lot of flash to this amp, which is what makes it so great to use. This is a two channel amp with clean and overdrive. Also there is a EQ with bass, contour, and treble adjustment and a reverb setting. It features a 1 x 8 speaker that has a great tone. Even though it is just a 15 watt amp, it has a powerful sound.

Mr E Meat
    overall this isn't that great of an amp. But if you play a lot of punk and need a practice amp this thing kicks ass.
    diskothek
    Have had this amp for a long while, its okay for practicing at home or playing a coffee shop open mic but you won't get any great tones out of it, its pretty sterile sounding. The distortion is lacking and I always have that little FDD button pushed in otherwise it sounds too grainy and weak. I'm going to be selling it to a co-worker for their son for cheap and replace it with a Vypyr.
    necros96
    urgent who can help me my mg15cdr makes a very rong sound when not touching the strings whats going on how can that be fixed please HELP