MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

Purchased from: RGM Kilmanrock

I'm running this amp with (don't laugh at the first) an Encore strat replica and a Fender Strat guitar. Although you may think that the guitar sux this amp really does bring it to life! The sounds produced are excellent the only drawback I could possibly make is that the overdrive channel really is quite fierce on this amp is pretty fierce and it takes a little bit of messing around with to get it right so that it does not sound too loud or screwed, I know that sounds hard as it is an overdrive channel! THis again however is the only argument I could make against the amp as the rest of it is just perfect and is great fun to play with and has aperfect sound to it.

My overall impression of this bad boy is thayt it is a sturdy amp with a fantastic sound! When playing Nu-metal or heavy rock it sounds fantastic but in saying htta it handles the lighter stuff brilliantly as well from Easyworld to Feeder its great! If this was to be lost or stolen by some junkie then I'd be forced to firstly hunt him down and shoot the guy and then go out and get a brand new one! I don't think my guitar would feel the same if its amp was taken away from it!! Overall this is a brilliant amp and I highly recommend it to the guitarist who has been playing more than two years anyway! Just so they can establish themselves well enough to use the effects channels. I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now and I find it easy to use. AS for using this at a gig I can't see any reason why not ot it is fantastic and I would definetly use it if I had no back-up! Overall a great amp the only hting that brings it down is its weight and the fierce overdrive channel but I wouldn't let that put anyone off of buying it! It's a Great amp.

This heading is hard for me to say much about becaus eI have only had the amp fo about a month but it managed to withstand me dropping it on the first day I got it and not seem to lose anything so I'm guessing its a bit of a survivor bearing in mind it was dropped on a hard floor! So I'm giving it a five but if you know someone who has had the amp for a while your better asking them due to the short time I've owned mine!

This amp is the next step up from the MG15CDR the only difference really being that it has a good set of digital effects included with the amp. The effects contain your Reverb, Delay, Chorus and Flange. Might I add that all of which sound great especially with the clean channel and the FDD selected! Again if you have a look at the review on the MG15CDR it tells you most of what I would say about this amp it is good for pretty much all styles of music that I can think of! Recently I've been playing around with some Muse songs and also songs from the Used and the amp hndles them brilliantly giving a great sound throughout! The only draw back to this amp is that it is a heavy son of a bitch! you would be surprised at the weight of it! However this is made up for greatly by the sound quality that comes out of this monster! If you are thinking of buying this amp though and your thinking that your never gonna use the effects then listen closely to some songs and you'll realise that a lot of todays music has in some way got the effects in there. On of the most noticible is the Chili peppers Dosed. The delay is used to a great effect in this song and this amp can pull it off easily!!! (Again this mp has all the other features the CDR version has included).