MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

Purchased from: Guitar World

This guitar fits almost all music styles. You can kick it in clean and turn up the bass for some blue's riffs, Turn over Gain and Contour to slash metal riffs, and have it crisp and clean for some good old country. This amp can get as loud as you want it to get, with these music features it can blow your windows out. The only bad part about this amp is that if it is turned up too loud you get bad feedback and some noise but it stops when you start playing. The overdrive is simply dreamy and is a hand-full of joy for any metal or rock guitar player.

As I said before I play rock and this amp is perfect for me. I have been playing for about six months and this amp really adds falvor to my riffs. I would definately buy another one of these if it were stolen, except I would probably get the 30-watt. My favorite feature is the clean channel with a slight echoe, it sounds very proffesional and that is what I love about this amp. I bought the marshal since it just plainly had better sound and would last longer then other amps. The only feature I wish it had was some more channels for more variety. Overall a great amp, I would recomend this to any begginer who wants good sound.

I have had this amp for about a month now and nothing has gone wrong even though I have heard some bad things about it. I would only use this amp to practise since it isn't really gig material unless you are playing at a coffeeshop.

I mostly play rock so I did not know what to expect from this amp since I had never played a Marshall before. Once I turned it on it had crisp clean sound on the clean and scratchy crunchy rock on overdrive. The digital effects also give you a variaty of different music styles you can play. You can have the clean channel and overdrive channel. You can change the volume on clean and on overdrive you can Annihilate your metal riffs by pumping up the Gain. For clean and overdrive you can mess around with the Bass, Contour, and Treble to get different sounds. The digital FX range from clean clear echoes to echoe repeats and more. This is a 15-watt amp but can surely kick some ass with it's volume. I use this at home when practising and even when the volume is at 4-5 my mother asks me to turn it down. Awesome amp.