MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I run an Epiphone Fat-210 through it, and it sounds great. It has more power than I need for your my room, but not enough for my band practices. The amp has bass, contour, and treble controls, so you can get a good variety of sounds. The clean channel handles high volume really well. The distortion is pretty good. It doesn't exactly deliver the marshal crunch, but whatever.

This is a good match for most styles I play. I've been playin for about a year. I also own an Epi Fat-210, a hotrod distortion pedal, and a Rogue wah/volume pedal. All work pretty well through it. If it were stolen, I would get an MG30. I compared this to some Fender amps, and figured out I hate them. This is a better amp than any low priced Fender amp.

I have had it since Christmas and it hasn't ever broken. I wouldn't use it at a gig, because it doesn't have enough power.

I play mostley hard rock with some punk, metal, and plain rock. This amp handles rock really well, hard rock pretty well, punk okay, and metal notso great. It has the standard two channels. It lacks on the effects, only having reverb, delay, chorus, and flange. I wish it had vibrato and all that. A nice little feature is fdd, which makes the amp sound a lot better. I use all of the features on this amp. I only use this amp for my room. its great for that, but not much else.