MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

I use a Fender Stratocaster (so 3 single-coil pickups), and the amp seems to work pretty well. I play classic rock/metal (like Metallica, AC/DC, Queen, the works) and I can get the sound I want out of the MG15DFX. if you turn the distortion up too high it can sound pretty nasty, but in the mid-range its got a full tone. Since this amp is not meant for gigs, it shouldn't be turned up too high.

Any Marshall is perfect for rock and metal, so it fits my needs. I use a Stratocaster w/ DigiTech effects, and my setup gets me what I want to hear. My favorite feature is the FDD (Frequency Dependent Dampening) which gives your ax a fuller sound. Also, for practise, the amp has CD ins, so you can jam w/ your tunes through your amp.

I don't use it at gigs mainly because that's not what it was made for. Because I turned it up too high, I have a permanent buzzing sound, even on the clean channel. But since that was my fault, I really cant complain too much about it.

This amp is great for quiet personal practise. If you don't have effects pedals and dont mind getting on your knees, then you can use one of the four effects on the amp (reverb, delay, chorus, flange) each with adjustable levels. There are two basic channels, clean and distorted. The distorted side has adjustable gain, so it can be used for both crunch and metal sounds. It also has adjustable bass, mid, and treble.

High Risk 666
    I had one, ok for my first amp. But now that i know a thing or two it sucks huge, DON'T BUY IT
    OneHappyCamper
    I play mine in my bedroom at 5. That's just about enough. But the tone isn't exactly to die for. I want a JCM800.
    Ali_Boulala
    wallyyfm
    TERRIBLE AMP why do people give 9 and 10s, wtf, have you used anything but that piece of garbage?
    wigers will die
    Ali_Boulala wrote: they're bad! and well...the rg350ex is not a cheap strat-copy... what would you call a gibson sg? a starter-kit guitar? gosh...that guy sucks
    ya.....
    OttovanZanten
    either this amp sucks arse, or my guitar sucks arse, it it is because my guitar was in a very humid room for a month and the bridge humbucker is ****ign rusting :@ or my guitar just sucks, (RG321) but i can't get a nice sound of it.
    OttovanZanten
    ah, finally a decent sound just bought the UM100, from behringer, metal-stompbox. now it sounds fine, the distortion on this amp doesn't sound nice, if you ask me
    Metallica1989
    Hm. I wouldn't consider this amp so great for quiet practice. I think a Roland MicroCube or a Vox AD15VT would sweep the floor with this MG.