MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

Purchased from: Gak

I am using an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through this amp and it gives out a great sound overall. I play a lot of Gun N'Roses as it works well for this. It does get a high pitched shrill feedback when the overdrive is turned up full and this is pretty harsh on the ears, Although this only really occurs when the guitar is a few feet away from the guitar. The overdrive isnt amazing either it is just standard but still pretty good. The clean channel stays pretty clean even at highest volume on this. The distortion isn't top class but it gets you through. Gives a nice fuzz to the sounds anyway.

Like I said I play Guns'n'Roses and it matches quite nicely. I have been playing for 2 years 7 months and I own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a Snarling Dogs wonder wah 2 pedal. A nice set up overall. I'm happy with this product and it was a bargin 85 for a Marshall amp so I purchased it as soon as I saw it. If it were stolen or lost I don't think id buy a new one purly because id get a bigger sized amp but this is not to say it is a bad amp it is quality and a great home amp. I love the sound it gives off and the ability to use different effects. I don't hate a thing about it although the effects can be awkward to use so I wouldnt consider buying it if you want it just for effects as your better off with a pedal that you have more control over. I didnt really compare it to any other products, I mean your always told Marshall is a top quality amp so I decided to see what the fuss is about and I'm completely happy with it and spread the word to others just as I was told. A great amp overall buy it.

I can depend on it, so far its been a nice little amp to practise on a gives out a true Marshall sound. I wouldn't use this to gig at the end of the day I'd have a much bigger sized amp. It hasn't broken down on me yet and I have had it for a while so its all good. But a few times it has cut out or so it seems but that may have been due to the lead connection or guitar so I cant comment.

This amp has many features to it. IT contains clean, Distorted, flange, chorus, delay and reverb modes. They can all be messed with my using the little knobs on the face of the amp and make quite a good sound. There are not many features it lacks to me. I only use it for home practise as it is small but can squeeze out some quite loud sounds. It also has a little fdd button which supposedly gives the amp the sound of a valve amp but it sounds good on or off to me. It has an input soccet for headphones which is handy for late night practise and an input soccet for pc connection which I guess is handy if you use that sort of thing but I do not. Like I said this amp is only really good for home practise, you want to look for something bigger if your gigging etc.

DenHond
    This is a good amplifier for beginners, not for pro's. Everybody that says that this amp sucks is because they want to boast with their more expensive amp. But like I said before, this amp is only for beginners, not for band usage or professional use. It is perfect for beginners...
    E V H 5150
    What are people trying to compare this to? Of course this isn't as good as your 6505, your JSX, or your Behringer, whatever it is you have! This wasn't made for show purposes. I'm able to compete with a drumset with my distortion. Marshall's aren't bad amps. EVH used on for the first Van Halen album. There are more people than you think that use Marshall. If you see live videos, chances are, at least one video you see throughout the day will show a Marshall. And when I somehow find out how to place the speaker from my old 15G in with the MG speaker, it will be the best MG15DFX ever!
    Thunderstrucked
    Its not good! Sometimes, with the flanger on, it makes a sound like alert or something(but with all the 15 watts). Buy a vox hybrid amp for less money than this piece of .....