MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

Purchased from: guitar center

I use an B\.C\. Rich Bronze Warlock I couldnt afford anything else at the time, it's all stock nothing changedthis amp is great for the music that I play being classic rock in the style of Jimi Hendrix and The Doors. I play some Cradle Of Filth and othe metal music and this amp does a great job coping with the diffrent sounds ane effects of the songs. This amp has two channels clean and overdrive, the clean is great for thoes Hendrix songs and the overdrive is awesome for the cradle songs to an extent because te higher the gain goes the worse it sounds I keep it at about 1/3 of the way up because it sounds good and it's somewhat clean. It's also great for punk songs because it is very clean.

This amp is great for practice and smallgigs that shouldn't excede the corner coffie shop but even though it's great if you play at a party or a gig over all the people. I haven't ben playing long mostly a year. I wish I knew that is was so damn heavy for an amp of this size but I guess that needs to be sacrificed for the sound quality. If it was lost or stolen I would have to go back to being a freelance hoe in order to buy another one or maybe a better one I'm not sure but for now I really like this one. Maybe the ontl thing I wish it had was rollers to transport it easyer and maybe a way to use the effecet on and off.

Like I said my buddie used it at a gig and he said it was great nothing else to say. It's really loud for a 15wat amp but I never take it up too loud because the speeker might explode on me, hasant yet but you never know. I don't have a backup but I wouldn't need one anyone because this amp is great.

This amp is mainly a practice amp but my buddies band used it once for a gig and they said it was better then the amp they had before, I forget what it was. It's good for ranging styles of music from blues to pop to metal it's all good. It's got two channels clean and overdrive, three eq knobs one for bass one for contour and one for trebble. It also has an effect loop that has four effects. They're all good despite not being able to change the effect or the intensity of that effect in the middle of a song unless you want to run over to the amp and mess with the knobs. It works for songs that have the effect throughout the whole song such as "The End" by The Doors and "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin. It also has a CD input jack witch helps when learning a new song.