MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

Purchased from: Henri's Green Bay

I currently use an okay Dean Vendetta 1\.0 which actually plays good but the amp is the main reason because on others my Dean is horrible. The distorted setting is not noisy even though the Guitar pickups are not great. The guitar distorts on the best amps in clean mode but on other guitars this amp plays clean in all volumes. The distortion is not brutal at all, it may be weak, but It works well for what I play.

Plain rock with some electronica and for practice this amp works real well. I have been playing on this amp for about 1.5 years the other gear I own is a Wah Peddle which works good so far. I am satisfied for I researched this before buying it. If stolen I would probably buy it again as a practice amp, I would like something more powerful though. I love the FX and distortion, I don't hate anything. I can compare this to my brother's Fender 15 watt FX amp which is louder, more distorted on clean and with poor working FX.

I feel comfortable using my amp anywhere. At a gig it may be a little weak, only being a practice amp but can go loud. The amp has never had a problem with it's tubes or anything. I wouldn't put much weight on it but the build seems sturdy. The knobs and back have stayed on. The only way I may neglect it is hitting it when walking out my door an the frame.

This is my first amp so I can't really compare it. The Amp is very versatile and works good with many guitars. I can play good soft rock, space rock, Metal and Alternative/Electronica Tunes well on this amp. The channels I know of are clean, clean w/FX, distorted, and Distorted w/FX. If I could have a higher distortion that would be nice but for it's size the amp works well. I have used this amp in my School's band room, my bedroom, and outside (the neighbors complained) in all it was loud enough.

last_biscuit
    Ace Frehley wrote: All the marshalls rock out! First this amp is soo cool cuz you got the fx on the amp and it's only 15watt!I'm using it for home practise but I also use it for my band practice. This amp really rocks the logo "Marshall: on it says it all. Big rockstars are all using marshall,They know something more than you to use them.
    Ok, ignoring the obvious fact that these 'big rockstars' wouldn't touch an MG series mp with a barge pole, I take it you've never seen an onstage view of their gear then, and noticed a) how good their guitars sound through an untampered channel and b) the racks full of extra effects, eq modules etc. And many, many famous people use different to Marshall, it's preference. If you want a real amp, get a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp
    flabberflob
    Nice amp, owned one for 3 years now (still in perfect working order). Great for metal and rock-y stuff, and the effects are surprisingly versatile. I don't think the clean channel is THAT great, but i play a westfeild E2000 (SG copy) which isn't bad but definitely not great; so thats probably got something to with it. Although; as a 14 year old kid; i haven't had that much experience of amps, of all the ones I've ever used this is easily the best value for money.
    megadeth_online
    well... this amp sucks... dont buy it... unless u like punk rock... its not 4 heavy metal... if u want something really loud and good distortion... get line 6 spider III 15... 4 the same price or less... anyway...this is my advice... cuz i tried them both... MARSHALL GOOD AT STAGE LINE 6 GOOD AT HOME for 15 watt get the spider
    :..*lazy*..:
    StuC wrote: any MG sucks
    Then why don't I see a bad review? ANd why does Static X use MG100DFX's? (I think so)- it's agreat practise amp- nothing more, nothing less.
    gizmoooo
    Ali_Boulala wrote: they're bad! and well...the rg350ex is not a cheap strat-copy... what would you call a gibson sg? a starter-kit guitar? gosh...that guy sucks
    he meant that he plays an rg350dx and a cheap strat copy. he didnt say the ibanez was a cheap strat copy
    JamesLimborg
    I own this little amp and I do a lot of recording with it... MANY TIMES I have guitarists asking me... What equipment do you use to get that sound. They are surprised to hear it's this little MARSHALL MG15DFX amp and my Steinberger model GL7TA guitar.
    mikeiscool
    Kynyster_K wrote: i've been playin 4 awhile now and i might say im about "intermediate" level now... (alittle better than beginner) but i am getting a schecter hellraiser c-1 FR, and i need a decent amp that dont cost out my ass... any suggestions?
    Well...Do you mean a good practice amp or a gigging amp? It also depends on what kind of music you play. For a practice amp:Any Rolands, Marshall MG's, Line 6's, and Vox.(You'll need to move up on quality amps when you play longer.
    Kynyster_K
    flabberflob
    ....and also- you all got ripped off! I paid UK60 for it, brand new, AND it came in box with a strap and some picks and a lead and shit.
    udaz
    Gosh!!! This is a practce amp and one of the best, i would consider only buying these amps as practice ones +Marshall MG15DFX +Orange Crush 10 or 15 +Vox Pathfinder or Valvetronix 10 or 15 +Peavey Backstage +Line 6 Spider III 15 THESE ARE THE ONLY GOOD PRACTICE AMPS!!!!! Dont compare this to you valve,jsx and 1962 Marshall!
    synpet713192
    GAH!!! i typoed, then tried to fix it, but didn't get rid of the first screw up in the edit... dammit
    synpet713192
    He's saying he has that AS WELL AS a cheap strat copy, dude he's saying he has that AS WELL AS a cheap strat copy, cuce
    he's saying he has that AS WELL AS a cheap strat copy, cuce
    DOOdooroCK
    i used this amp for a live gig, it wasnt all great but not terrible. it worked okay
    Deathcore Dude
    yes this amp is awesome for BEGINNERS.... once you get a few years of playing under your belt you come to relise how bad the amp is...would of been better if it had distortion and not overdrive...best thing to is to play some kind of multi effects/dist pedal through it