MG15DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15DFX

I have only been playing for about 5 months now, so when I started, I bought a pretty cheap Tradition G10 series just to make sure I liked playing guitar first. I'm planning on getting a Gibson SG Classic which a friend has as well as tis amp. I've tried it and it's a pretty sweet combo. I would recomend keeping it on a solid surface and out of the heat. This amp has built in features such as overdrive, flange, reverb, chorus, and delay. I usually bounce back and forth between overdraive and chorus which are great sounds. The distortion can be hard hitting for metal or a little lighter for rock. Either way it sounds pretty sweet.

My overall impression is that I love this little amp and would buy it again for my bedroom. Not sure I'd choose it for a gig, but without a doubt for the house. It works out great for playing Rock and light metal (which are my styles) and is high in reliability & durability rating.

This amp is a very reliable and durable house amp and might be able to be used for a small gig. For larger gigs, I would proabablly want to get a larger amp, however. If you keep it out of the heat and on a sturdy sufrace without abusing it, it should last pretty long.

I Purchased this Marshall amp about 5 weeks ago and it works great for my style. This is my second amp, my first was purchased for me. I play a lot of classic/'80s rock such as Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc. and some metal like Black Sabbath and a little Metallica. It has a headphone jack which is good for when you want to play late at night when the family is sleeping. It also has a CD in & emulated line out jack. This amp is perfect if you're like me and you don't do gigs yet, but need a house amp. It's plenty loud for the house.

robguitar123
    i love this =] got it second hand with my first guitar, an ibanez SA120 for 80 its pretty perfect, i love the sound and the effects it has are great only problem i have is that sometimes while switching from clean to overdrive channel, it just ends up going silent, and youve got to fiddel with it a few times before it switches. had it over a year myself and apart from that, its pefect =] i recomend (Y) it's called jeff =]