MG15DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
Marshall: MG15DFX

The sound is ok, but compared to other amp of the same price it is very poor. If you compare the clean channel to that of the Vox AD15VT (also 100 quid) it doesn't even compare. The overdrive as well is found lacking. I used it with a Yamaha pacifica, but using this guitar with other amp it really comes out of it's shell. However when it is played with the Marshall it sounds truly awful and does not Live up to it's potential.

Overall for a 100 quid amp it is appalling. There is a lot out there that comes out head and shoulders above it. Roland CUbe, Vox AD15VT for example. I would not advice anyone to buy this, not even beginners unless they want a very expensive foot stall as that is all I would use it for.

Mine broke three times within two years with wiring coming loose and fusing. Despite it not leaving my bedroom. Was not impressed, would certainly not touch it for a gig, wouldn't even touch it for bedroom practice. Personally I found it unreliable and not good for anything.

Yes this amp is cheap, yes it has effects built into it, yes is dual channeled. owever it is a solid state poorly sounding amp. It was my first amp when I did not know any better used it for 2 years. I play various styles and although it could handle them it handles them all very poorly.

guitar060991
    i use that amp with my epiphone les paul special 2 and they sound really good. My friend uses a kustom amp. i think its the Dual 35 DFX or something like that, its awfull. compare to his amp and my peavey backstage (starting kit with peavey raptor exp plus guitar) the MG15DFX is really great. the overdrive is sick, you just need the right way to tune it. i play metal, things like lamb of god, killswitch engage and bleeding through and i, too, wait for something bad to happen to my amp. it's great XD !
    SwampAshSpecial
    what a POS! I had to use this thing for 2 weeks while my other amp was being fixed - You have no idea how happy I was to see my old VOX up and running. I am now looking at getting something all tubed as my main amp, and using the vox as a backup. Why? 2 reasons: 1. So I can have an all tube amp 2. So I can finally take a hammer to this sh*t!
    SwampAshSpecial
    oh and forgot to add:
    I own this little amp and I do a lot of recording with it... MANY TIMES I have guitarists asking me... What equipment do you use to get that sound. They are surprised to hear it's this little MARSHALL MG15DFX amp and my Steinberger model GL7TA guitar.
    TROLL
    vinc3nt
    For a practice amp, i'd say its great. Mabye not the bset on the market but good for practicing.
    nitestick
    i can't believe people here are stupid enough to compare this to high end gig oriented amps. it's a practice amp, it's pretty decent for it's intended use. get over it.