MG15FX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15FX

Price paid: € 169

Purchased from: http://www.musicstore.de

As you surely know this is a sulide state amp but on the box you can read a message: "Pure analog Marshall sound" and it's TRUE. Also if you set the volume near 0 you can hear a great saturation with the overdriven channels and a pure clean sound with the clean channel. I use it for rock rhythms and leads and I can say it has a great sound. When you Switch it on for the first time you can hear the 4 pre-stored sounds, one for each channel, but you can store every sound you want. On every channel you can add 2 different digital effects: Reverb and one of the other four effects, reverb, in fact, is indipendent, chorus, flanger, phaser and deley can be choosed one by one. The clean channel is very smooth, soft and easy and if you add some reverb and phaser you can have a completely surrounding sound. The cruch channel is for classic rock. Have you ever heard AC/DC? That's it. I use a Ibanez RG550 an it screams like a Gibson SG. The 2 Overdrive channels are striking. The Overdrive 2 is more aggressive than 1 and it is made for Metal sounds. I use the Overdrive 1 channel to play Iron Maiden songs with a Fender Stratocaster 2009 American Standard and it seems to be on a stage.

I can really say it is perfect for clean and Rock sounds. I use it everyday. My neighours are so happy to hear this pure Marshall sound. If you have the strange idea to buy a Marshall amp, as I had, for home use I can really say buy this one or one or it's family. The 50 Watts for example.

I use it everyday for home use but I used it with some friends at very high gain and it never fails. It is so new I cannot say it's durability but it comes out of the fabric with a 3 years warranty. So if you will have some problems you can contact your local store or Marshall directly.

Hi all, this is my very first review for a very new Amplifier. This new MG4 model by Marshall has been released in late 2008 in the USA and early 2009 across Europe. It is a 15 Watts amp with a 1x8" Speaker. It has 4 storable channels (clean, cruch, overdrive 1 and overdrive 2), 5 digital effects ( independent reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, phaser), MP3/Line in, Emulated Headphones and it is compatible with a completely programmable footswitch controller (PEDL 90008) not included. I own this amp since 2 months and I can say it's perfect for home.

DaddyC0731
    just ordered my amp. I don't get the dude that was saying
    up4anything wrote: I don't share good impression about MG series of Marshall despite they have a dozen "by the way" effects! Old MG series is wasted money if you're looking for muscle sounded amp. Maybe they are cheap but they are also weak. Just for home noob use.
    I have plenty of friends that have been playing for over 10 years for most of them and they still use the Marshall MG series for home use. Maybe you had a bad one, but most do not have that issue.
    jetwash69
    I'm confused. First you say
    "Pure analog Marshall sound" and it's TRUE
    then you say
    So how is this diferent from the MG__DFX series other than the additional channels?
    up4anything
    zorbozate
    theres two types of amps , like guitars one,s good ones bad marshall,s the best anything eles is a wannabe ask anyone that play,s stage not garage