MG15FX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15FX

My style is Metal and Punk, and this amp was made for me, it makes a great gig amp, it can get loud enough to rock a gig at a club, a small ampitheater, and Drive your neighboor nuts, but if you are looking for an improved version of this amp with more volume buy the 100FX Head. It's channels are Crunch: better than I expected, for blues fans, classic AC/DC sound Clean: Beautiful bright clean sound, sounds great with the chorus effect on, does NOT get distorted when the volume goes all the way up Overdrive 1: For music that does not use heavy distortion, gives a nice dirty sound, perfect for any kind of music, and my favorite, Overdrive 2: Metal, Punk, anything that needs heavy distortion this is the perfect setting, nice harmonics, palm mutes, divebombs, any guitar technique metal sounds amazing on this setting. This is one of the most versatile amps I have ever used for this price.

This is a good amp for someone looking for an amazing cheap deal. I've been playing for three years and this amp is the best ever, only think it lacks is volume and combining Delay with other effects. If it got damaged or stolen I would get this or one ofthe other amps in the MG series. I first demoed this along with a Line 6 Spider Valve 40W and I chose this amp, the Spider has more effects and features but this amp sounded better and delivered the sound that the Spider could not.

This is definatley an amp to dedend on at a gig, I've banged it against wall accidently while walking, dropped it and only a little piece of the material on the amp has come off. IT has never broken down, the only flaw to it physically is the nut on the input can get loose and fall off, I fixed that by getting a stronger nut the same size and out it on my amp.

This amp my look small, but this digital amp is packed with features. Very versitile with four storable channels, Crunch, Clean, OD1, OD2. Digital effects, Chorus, Phaser, Flager, Delay, and Reverb the only down side to the effects is that unlike it's bigger brothers (MG50FX, MG100FX) Delay can not be combined with Chorus, Flanger, and Phaser. It an not have Built in Tuner (can only be used with the MG series Footcontroller). MP3 Line in and Headphone Jack. The MG15FX has enough power for it's worth. It makes a great practice amp. If you get this amp make sure to get the MG Footcontroller with it to use it to it's full potential.

MaggaraMarine
    Woffelz wrote: leftinflinflon wrote: the MG series is only for those that cannot afford a real Marshall. You rich snob. MG's are PRACTICE amps.
    Yes but there are also halfstack versions of MG.
    Bmguy
    Good, I have a 30fx and it sounds great but I have used a 15fx and it's great if you are starting out but if you are really serious about playing and practicing everyday than I recommend a 30fx because it has more sound control
    PUNKSTER93
    i have this amp for a few months now and i have to say i love it!. the overdrive settings are alright. But go get a good distortion pedal plug it into this amp and it'll be worth it! great for practice!!!