MG15FX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG15FX

Purchased from: http://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_mg15rnew.htm

I'm using a Kerry King Warlock through it, and it sounds brutal, the combination really works well together, the amp can play blues all the way to death metal perfectly. Its loud that's all I can say, but it loses none of its quality in the mean time, I play it in my bedroom and all my friends love the sound of it. The distortion is amazing, how ever the clean sounds poor, its too bassie even when the bass is turned down low, however you can get a nice clean sound from the distortion setting if you play around with the settings.

I play metal and it covers the job 100% fine, no faults on it, I've been playing for about 4 years and I have a Micro Marshall and I've played on Peaveys and Line 6's of similar sizes and it beats them all. I wish I has a foot switch, just so I could change modes easier, also I haven't tried a wah pealed through it. If it was lost or stolen I wouldn't buy it again, I'd get a bigger size so I could gig of it, the amp is that good I'd use it for the rest of my life. You must buy this amp I can't recommend it highly.

I can depend on it, it is too small to gig with but I would be more than happy to record a demo with it. The amp hasn't broken down and I've used it for 2 years and its been so good.

Made in 2008 I think. This amp is versatile enough for my heavier stuff, however the clean channel just doesn't seem to hack it. It has a clean and a distortion channel with a switch on the amp, but no foot switch what can be annoying when you're playing a song that requires both. For a 15 watt solid state amp it packs a punch it drowns out bigger more powerful amps. The guitar has an mp3 jack slot so you can Jam along to tracks.