MG250DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG250DFX

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I'm using this amp with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Marshall and Gibson sound great together. It suits any music style with great tone. So far I have'nt had any feedback issues. I campared it to a Fender Stage 1000, and the feedback is minute compared to it. Suprisingly, the tone increases with the more volume you add.

I play a lot of metal and punk. And Marshall just sounds good with every music style. I have only been playing for 1 year, but about 4 hours a day. I have a Zoom 606, but I havnt tried it on this amp yet. If this was stolen, I dont think I could get the same deal as I got on it this time. So I don't know if I would buy it again. I would love too, but I don't have any money. I compared it to a half stack and a lot of Fenders. It blows the Fenders out of the water. But with a half stack, the only thing different is the volume, which only varies a little bit. I wouldn't change anything about this amp.

I can definately depend on this amp. Before you get concerned about the size of the amp, I need to say, Its a monster. It shakes walls at 3 and a half. At four, you cant even hear the neighbors yelling at you. It's never broken down. And I don't think it will for a very long time.

I got this baby used for 440! And the funny thing is, it was only used for 7 months, and its only been made for 9! normally these sell for about 570. Lucky me! This is one of the most versatile amps I have ever used. It can go from deep blues tones to screaming hair metal. It has 4 channels basically: clean w/o FX, clean w/FX, drive w/o FX, drive w/FX. These can all be toggled by a sturdy footswitch. It has some basic( but good sounding) effects. And a headphone and audio in jack. There really isn't a feature that I could add to this. I also use all of the effects and features. I use this amp for practicing and performing. It has so much power! I have compared it to my friends half stack, and it is the same tone, same volume, only cheaper.