MG250DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG250DFX

The effects aren't top notch but they do their job fairly well. The overdrive channel offers many different types of distortion. By messing with the contour, treble, and bass nobs, almost any tone is possible. The clean channel is also very rich although it gets just a little harsh when it's turned up really loud, but that is barely a problem. I use this amp with a Parker NiteFly with its standard pick-ups and I haven't found a legitimate flaw in this amp's sound yet.

My overall impression of this amp is very good. It is very loud and at the same time offers solid, versatile distortion sounds and also a nice clean tone. Although I have only had it for 2 months, I haven't been dissapointed yet.

I did get this amp used (hence the incredibly low price) so I am kind of worried about something bad happening, but nothing has happened yet. The amp's fan does make some pretty annoying sounds when you first turn it on, but that really doesn't matter. It has been reliable for me so far.

This amp has 2 50 watt speakers, 2 channels (clean and overdrive), and 5 built in effects (chorus/delay, flanger, chorus, delay, and reverb). You can switch the channel through a footswitch and you can turn effects on and off through the footswitch but you can't change the effect by the footswitch. This amp is plenty loud for most places unless your playing at some massive place, but, honestly, I've never taken it over 5 (out of 12).