MG250DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG250DFX

Purchased from: Academy Of Music

It's a Marshall so the sound is great obviously. I use a Maton Mastersound MS2000DFX with humbuckers and it sounds so hot in this amp. As is said, it suits any style of music, I mainly play blues/rock with some metal sometimes. I hardly get any feedback, unless I'm about 30cm away from it with full distortion kicked in. It has a lot of variety. I am yet to try the clean channel at high volumes so I'm not sure if it distorts, but there is a gain control on the clean channel. The normal distortion is very brutal, it reverberates through your body, god it's good.

Great amp, great amp. Buy it now!

Can I depend on this amp? Hell yes! this thing weighs like 30 kg and its very sturdy. I would definitly gig without a backup. Has the amp ever broken down? Well, this is my second MS250DFX. The first one, get this, was missing a bloody speaker! Yes that's right, they forgot to install the speaker in it. Must've had a big night before hand. Anywho's I took it back straight away and got a brand new one with free picks. I probably should've taken it to the Marshall office and seen if I could get upgraded, but I don't care, I love this amp.

Not sure exactly when it was made, I'm guessing fairly recently, maybe the last 3 months. This amp is a killer, it has that lovely Marshall tone, you can play any style with it, clean/blues/jazz/classic rock/alternative/metal. It fits into all categories. It has two channels, clean and overdrive with FDD (Frequency Dependant Dampening). It has 4 effects onboard - chorus/delay, delay, chorus, flange and reverb. Headphone, footswitch, CD in, and a bunch of FX jacks. You can also hook this upto a cabinet with the connectors. The only features I wish it had would be: a volume pedal and maybe a second overdrive channel, but god I don't care, it's great. I am yet to use this amp at band practice, I will by the end of the week. It is bloody loud, I've only turned it upto notch two! Very good solid state amp.