MG250DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG250DFX

Purchased from: andertons.co.uk

Ibanez RG320FM, twin humbuckers. I play mainly in drop c for my metalcore stuff, suits me fine. I set my overdrive level to 4, and master volume to 3, which is loud enough (like 30 watts). When the amp is switched on, there is some kind of irritating start-up noise (like a computer), but nevertheless quality of sound is good. Overdrive channel is great, though I suggest an additional tubescreamer for best effect. Clean channel isn't that good, rather thick.

Overall impression, great amp for what I payed for (250), yet I don't understand why some people got it so expensive. I've been playing for nearly 3 years and I use an Ibanez RG320FM as my axe. I wish I chose another amp at the time though because the majority of UGers despise these MGs with a passion that makes me feel queezy. However, for the price I paid, it was good I suppose.

No comment here, because I haven't gigged yet and the damn thing is heavy as hell, thus making it seem ultra toolage with reliability & durability. The carboard box which it was delivered in stunk like hell which annoyed me, hopefully it will annoy you too!

I don't know when the amp was made. The amp is versatile enough for me, it sits in my bedroom, suits perfectly for what I play metalcore, emo/screamo/goth-punk/post-hardcore. It has two channels, 1 clean, 1 overdrive, both are bitchin'. Comes with an effects pedal which is damn useful. The best thing about the amp in my opinion is the stereo system, which mutes the lead and plays the rhythm + rest of song when you plug your mp3 in, thus enabling you to play lead (this means that you don't need backing tracks).

selloutpunx
    if you actually do own these you can at least sleep at night by telling yourself "thank god i didn't buy the half stack"
    Klayy
    Ive played through that amp for two hours and didnt find a good sound. But it is good for people who have never played through a GOOD amp (like JCM800 etc)
    tormentedbyu
    johnny blade's a phuckin thesoraus!!! lol imo marshall sucks, you can get so much more for the money - i dont think ill ever buy this amp
    Warheart1188
    I played the half version of the MG100dfx. This amp( MG250dfx) is the same thing but with two speakers. The MG100dfx half stack has an awesome tone, but it leaves you wanting more.
    badguitarist13
    its a rip, plain and simple. this amp is ok but if i had my choice, i wouldnt have one. the price is kinda extreme and the sound can give it too much of a buz effect when u dont want it. my rating: 3