MG250DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG250DFX

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

As I said before I use an Ibanez RG370DXL and it works a treat with any music style. The clean channel has a nice tone to it and doesn't distort, even when maxed out. The o/d channel is very versatile, giving a wide variety of sounds. With 2 50W speakers this thing packs one hell of a punch. I played an outdoor gig with this thing and I had the master volume at 4/10, although it was miced up. Even in indoor venues I've never had to raise the volume above 5! Overal a great sound for the price!

Overall, this amp is absoulety amazing for the price I paid. It gives me a massive sound, good Marshall reliabilty and build quality I can rely on at gigs and a tonne of features to give me the perfect sound. If I were to have this amp stolen I would definatley buy another one, it's just brillant. there's also the option of buying extension cabinets which I am lookin into to pump up the sound even more! I would recommend this amp to any beginner to intermediate player Who wants a big sound for a low price, from a brand they can rely on as well. You just can't go wrong.

This amp is built like a tank! Weiging in at 3 1/2 stone this things no feather an I've had absoulety no problems with any part breakin an I've had this amp for about a month now. it's had a few bumbs and knocks but it just shrugs them off. Overall a a very reliable amp.

First off the versatility of this amp is staggering, I can go from a creramy blues tone to a hard crunchy overdrive with just a flick of a few knobs. I use an Ibanez RG370DXL and I'll play anything from punk to blues an this amp gives every tone possible! One thing I feel is mising is an LED to show if the DFX channel is active or not, as there is one for the o/d but no effects. The range of effects is again staggering. there's chourus/delay, delay, chorus, and flanger and all of these can be tuned to give different sounds such as phaser etc.

The^Unforgiven
    Run.to.the.hill wrote: "At the moment I am using an Epiphone gibson sg with two seymour duncan humbuckers, so i know what great tone sounds like" I'd have ANY pair of Seymour Duncans instead of Gibson stocks. IMO Gibson guitars are over-priced and LOL man you made my day, lol omg i might need surgery from this Try a GIBSON GIBSON LES PAUL with two GIBSON pickups and an amp with some VALVES and then we can talk about great tone
    I'd take any pair of Seymour Duncans instead of Gibson stocks. IMO Gibson guitars are over-priced and overrated, anyway.
    oneblackened
    penguinsarecool wrote: what is pos?..
    Piece Of Sh*t. And that's what MG's are. They don't sound good. They're notoriously unreliable, and break easily.
    Inferrest
    'I wish I chose another amp at the time though because the majority of UGers despise these MGs with a passion that makes me feel queezy. However, for the price I paid, it was good I suppose. // 8' DOUCHE.
    MGuitar24
    uvq wrote: I've noticed people say they are getting feedback when they turn it up.. thats cause their guitars are crap, cause the amp doesnt do it with my mg250dfx... if they something which was better than a squier or epiphone this wouldnt happen..
    I agree dude i use this amp with 75% gain and high 60% contour. I play at about 60% volume and dodn't have a problem with feed back. Although you can get that with any guitar just being to close with too much volume. My guitar (esp ltd ec 1000) with seymour duncan buckers doesn't seem to have this problem.
    uvq
    OttovanZanten wrote: does this sound as bad as the smaller MG's? I assume it has the same distortion, i HATE it.. maybe this 1 is better, hope so
    Yep its different.
    dazfli
    This thing is awesome, i get a real good metal tone out of it.
    uvq
    Humanbean wrote: Are These things still in production? because I dont see any around.
    Yepp
    MGB2
    this is an awesome amp, if you have the funds, consider buying this
    KingChris
    i like this amp but i have to admit the distortion..well at first it sounded ok but then it just sounded like a pos so i decided to go and by a distortion pedal (Boss Ml-2 and yes i know people dont like this pedal to!) but this does the job for me now
    KingChris
    mikedirnt96 wrote: well why get 250 watts if you dnt wnt it 2 be loud????
    Its not 250 watts dude its 2 50watt speakers. I thought the same thing at first....then i read the manual! lol!!