MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

I am using an Ibanez Gio series with this amp and although the guitar isnt that brilliant this amp makes it sound as sweet as anything.The amp is loud enough to drown out a set of drums including bass and snare. This amp suits everything which I wish to play whether it is Nu-Metal or fingerpicking blues. The amp can be noisy when the gain is pushed up otherwise no interferance is herd. The amp has an unlimmited veriety whether you wish for a ear popping solo sound or a clean bluesy sound. The clean channel never distortes at the highest volume even if you pump up the bass and peel back the treble. The distortion is ripping and brutal. Crank this baby up and watch the other band members ears bleed!

I play mainly Rock and Metal but also play grunge! This amp suits them all to a tee! This amp was allways my first choice as me and a friend both own one. He plays brilliantly and plays a Gibson V through it, It sounds so perfect! I would definitely buy another if the amp was stolen. I love every factor about this amp but if I was to choose it would be the clean channel which produces a perfect sound.

I would gig with this without backup anyday of the week come rain or shine. The amp hasnt broken down and I believe never will. Also it is a steardy as a rock, It wont let your bear spill!

The amp was made in 2003. It is a solid versitle peice wighing 11.5KG! The amp is a solid state amp with built in effects. It can thump out Metal riffs with ease but is suited to hard rock licks. It features switchable channels and a headphone jack. There are no real features which I would like to see on this amp. It's the perfect practice amp! The amp packs 30watts of power however if you switch the pickup selector on your guitar to amplify all strings then you can get some serious sound. It also features a Frequency dampening dial whcih immitates the sound of a tube amplifier, used with the bass cranked up produces the sweetest tones!