MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: PMT

I running this a Epiphone Les Paul Studio through a Boss DS-1 (until I get my footswitch), Marshall SV-2 Chorus pedal and finally my Marshall MG30DFX. It's brilliant. It doesn't hum when turned on like my other amp does. The distortion is pretty cool as well. At the higher settings its quite...brutal, could be thicker I suppose for people who like their distortion high.

This amp perfectly fits the style of music I play, it has a lovely tone, from crunchy-ass lows to some ass-kicking trebly tones. I have been playing for about a year and a half and so far I've had two amps, excluding my Marshall. I've also had two guitars, including my Les Paul. I am so pleased with this amp, it's hard to describe, I know it sounds cliche, but who cares? If I lost this, or it got stolen I would replace it in a heartbeat or save up a bit more and get the next one up.

I can depend on this thing to go to hell and back and pick up some things from the gift shop there. It's built like a brick shit house. I would gig with this (if it was a small gig) without a backup, I trust it utterly.

The features on this amp are astounding. It comes with four built in effects: reverb, delay, chorus and flanger (all well managed) the effects are top rate. The amp itself, effects aside, is kick ass. Therer are two channels, clean and overdrive. The only drawback is that you don't get a footswitch with the amp, I don't know if this is standard with all multiple channel Marshall's or what. The amp is extremely versatile. I play a few styles, mainly punk and heavy metal type stuff, I have tryed other styles with the amp just to see what I can do. You can get just about anything on this amp.