MG30DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Marshall: MG30DFX

I have an Ibanez GSA60, and a Yamaha strat with a Seymour Duncan humbucker. I play a wide range of things, mostly rock/puk/grunge. The distortion channel on this amp kicks ass, though it needs some tweaking and isn't really versitile. The clean channel is bland, and don't even try using a distortion pedal (I have an MT-2 and a DS-1, both sound like complete s--t on that amp, which sucks since it's my only one). I'm dissapointed since I wanted that nice "Marshall sound" I've been hearing about. Even though the clean sucks, I'll give it a decent rating for the distorted channel, it's worth at least a check out depending on your kind of music.

Well, I'm guessing this would be good for shredding and metal only, the distortion is really good, I love this amp distortion, but the effects and the clean channel suck really bad. I play stuff that goes back and forth between clean and distorted and i can't get a good even match, don't thinka bout using a stompbox/distortion pedal, overall I'm really dissapointed, this is my first Marshall amp and it'll prolly be the last.

So far it hasn't fuzzed out or anything. It's lasted for about a year now? Only problem I've had was getting a good sound out of it. But it's good enough for bedroom use, damn thing is really loud too, dunno what the deal is gig-wise though.

Amp seemed good, the Marshall name, 30 watts, the effects, the price, I bought it expecting too much. The effects are ok, but I like my Zoom pedal better. The only thing carrying this is the Marshall name though.