MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: Music & Arts Center

This amp has ok distortion but I highly recomened using a distortion pedal. (I use the Zakk Wylde distortion and it sounds awsome). Its clean channel is bad but it sounds good if you look in the Marshall instruction manual and use the examples found in it and set it to "Clean Bright". I play rock and roll classic rock and it works great with the distortion pedal. If you play metal then stay away from this guitar unless you have a crazy distortion pedal.

I play classic rock as well some blues and this amp is great with my Zakk Wylde distortion pedal. I use a Ibanez JS100 (Joe Satriani signurature) and it works great but I wish the features wern't so bad. They actually become frusterating after awile but it sounds great with the right guitar (never play with a Squier Strat, my previous guitar) and equipment I have been playing for four years and I've had the guitar for half that time and it's doing great. If this amp was stolen I would probobly buy a different amp, but thats because this is more of a beginner amp and I've been playing for 4 years. My overall impresstion of this amp is that it is good.

It isn't my style to go to a gig without a backup (and I wouldn't use a 30w amp anyway) but I'd be willing to bet this amp would sustain very well. This amp has amazing duability if your keeping it in you home. I have never had a problem with the amp working.

The amp has reverb and some other features but they are not that great. If your buying this amp for features then give up now. It has a foot switch and headphone jack which is a welcome addition to any amp. The features are decent at best.