MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: just a random guy

I have a Yamaha SBG 200 from about 1980 and a Takamine GX 100 electric from the same era (bet you didn't know they existed). It sounds pretty good except on the Yamaha's neck pickup. The overdrive sort of cheesy and/or heavy metally sounding for my music, but you can find that magic setting and it sounds good. High gain and high volume cause it too hiss but every amp does to some degree. It is meant to be a practice amp so there isn't much variety you can get close to virtually any sound though.

It doesn't match the electric blues as well as I would like, but I do play music like Nirvana and Sabbath and it seems to work for that. I wish I had a footswitch for this amp, it should be included. If it were stolen I wouldn't buy it again because I would want something bigger and with tubes now that I have found my style of playing.

I've never had a problem with this amp. The Indian made ones seem to be extremly undependable though.

I think mine was built around 2000, in Korea. The newer ones built in India are very bad I've heard. I play electric blues and it works ok. I'm working on maoney for something bigger and better. It is combo channel and has some effects (reverb, chorus, delay). The reverb and chorus sound alright at low levels. It has CD, footswitch and headphone jacks, the footswitch wasn't included which is a pain in the ass. I practice with a drummer with this and it is loud enuogh.