MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

I use a basic left handed Squier Strat. I spew plenty of pit-worthy thrash tunes from this amp, together with my Death Metal Distortion pedal on the clean channel, I am really impressed with the performance. I never find any problems with my clean channel, it's just clean. The built in distortion isn't the best but aslong as you have a good distortion pedal it doesn't matter.

This fits well with my thrash metal tunes and my death metal pedal. I only own my guitar and this amp and the digi tech death metal pedal. I've been playing for about 3 years. If I lost or had this amp stolen I would buy a more powerful version of it, a gig-worthy one.

This amp is amazing to take to band practices and bedroom playing. If it had more power behind it I would gig it without back up but I wouldn't be heard. The amp has never broken down but is currently sounding a bit poor but I put that down to age, it's quite old and is soon to be replaced, for it's big brother the Marshall MG250DFX.

The Marshall MG30DFX has two channels, clean and overdrive. There are a lot of different sounds to be made from the overdrive channel and the clean channel s just plain clean. I don't often use the effects on there but they're pretty cool to have fun with. I use this amp for bedroom practice and band practice, it handles the situations well but I'd never gig with this amp, not anough power.