MG30DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: long and mcquade

I use a Godin LG with Seymour Duncan P90 pickups on it. It sounds okay, but not great. the clean channles are nto clean after you go over half volume and the distortion is good, but doesn't sound great. Pretty noisy when at high overdriven volumes.

I rented a Traynor YCV40WR and when I went back to this amp it sounded like playing through computer speakers. It sounded alot worse than the Traynor, but there is a considerable price difference between them. I wish I would have tried other amps also before buying this one. If it were stolen I would look at other amps first. I saw a 30 watt Fender with just as many features for 200 dollars less, so it is a little overpriced. I overall like this amp, but it is not a great amp sompared to many out there. I would try it before you buy it.

It was good for the first year or so, but has recently started to crackle and fade the sound once in a while. It has never broken down and is very solid.

The amp is good for pretty much any styles from blues to metal. 2 channels - overdrive and clean. Effects loop and headphone jack inputs. Reverb, delay, flanger and chorus are built in efects and it has contour control on the overdrive channel. I use this amp for practicing and it goes fairly loud, but I still would like it to go louder. Solid state 30 w.