MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: Electronica Gonzalez

First I used and Xpectra guitar (it's like a Squier Strat), with 3 single coils, it sounded nice. But now I use a Squier Fender Showmaster Skull&Bones with 2 humbuckers and the distortion sounds better with the bridge humbucker. The clean channel its ok on its own, but if you add some reverb you can make a nice tune of it. I use a Boss ME-50 effects pedal, and the sound that I get its really good. Without the effects pedal this amp would barely suit my metal taste, but if you play punk you will be happy, the bad thing is that you need the footswitch for the clean and if you need another tone you have to change it manually. For the noise, well I had a weird experience, a strange sound came of the amp if like the flanger was on but it was when I stopped playing and the sound lasted like 5 seconds, but no distortion noises. The sounds this amp specializes are from heavy metal, other genres are just ok. The clean channel distorts even at mid volumes, its like an overdrive but nothing to worry about. The distortion when it has all the gain is for playing like Iron Maiden, if you want something like Arch Enemy you need and effects pedal.

I play mostly trash metal, this is a good match because Marshall amps work nice with high gain. I have been playing for 1 year and a half, I own a Squier Showmaster Skull&Bones which makes a good match for this amp and for what I play. It if were stolen or lost I would buy it again, and keep for backup when I buy a stack. I compared it to other products and for the price I paid I had even more than the other companies give, surely this amp gives a happy face to your pocket. I wish it had a better speaker and separated knobs for all the effects

These amps are said to be unrealiable, but mine is in very good shape and hasn't broke up or failed during a jam session or gig. I depend on this amp, I can't affor a backup but I'm sure it won't fail. This amp has never complained for the use I give it. I use like 3 hours a day minimum.

This amp was made in 2004 and it was made in Korea. This is amp is versatile enough to play, rock, punk, jazz, blues, and not so heavy metal. It has 2 channels, clean and overdrive, it has and input for the channelswitcher pedal but it didn't come with the amp price, has 4 effects, chorus, delay, reverb and flanger not the best effects but they are nice enough. Has headphone jack. The feature I wish it had is a heavier distortion and a knob for each effect. I use all features, because they all are of good quality and for the price I paid its like I had it stolen. I use this amp for practice and gigs. Has enough power to beat a smashing drummer but when if turn it louder the gain goes up too and has a crappy tone. The speakers are nice but could be better.