MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: GAK

The amp creates a very nice clean sound and a very muddy distortion that I've grown quite fond off. Some people have said on these reviews that you can't play over drums with it, rubbish! I played over drums with a squire "SP-10" guitar amp and that was louder than drums. Even at loud or quiet settings this amp provides clean sound at any level. There seems to be a lot of buzzing from this particular amps distortion so I reckomend a Marshall Jackhammer that is able to create a great distortion with out all the buzz.

I play anything from calm classicall music (very good clean sound for this) to thrash metal, mostly playing hard rock/rock. Fits all sound. If your looking for an amp that will provide for different styles at good reasonable prices this is the way foward. On these reviews I've noticed people say the MG's are unreliable and the sound breaks up. Rubbish I had this problem once and it was my lead. The amps are fine. Buy One! But I do recomend getting the MG50DFX for not that much more.

Its a Marshall lots of people have said this. It's reasonably heavy, could be dropped and would still be fine (I reckon) would gig with this amp for deffinate! Is really very good it's a Marshall lots of people have said this.

This amp was purchased by me, around 3 months ago, I have played it in big halls, with a lot of other musicians. It provides many different effects and different sounds to play with. I think a problem with this amp if you are a "better" guitar player the amp does come with a "mid" knob in the clean section. Though if your that gooder musician with that amp you'd have effects boards with mid settings on them. But overall very good with features.

Bleed Blue
    I had one and it was pretty good...i don't know what you guys are talking about. I got rid of it because i'm in a band and it couldn't get over the drums enough. I got a MG100HDFX Marshall Half-Stack Slanted Cab...awesome-ness!
    guitarkp
    I love my MG30DFX, it's definately a step up from a Fender Frontman 15G. The sound its amazing when I play through my Digitech RP100.
    toasted_lemming
    Yeah, mine's fine, I've had it for like 3 years and absolutely thrash it (To the point of playing bass through it live!) Ok, the distort channel has an odd habit of going clean on you, and the footswitch is a cheaply made, fragile peice of shit, but i use a multi effects so it doesnt bother me. I've played numerous gigs on it (on guitar and bass) and can get useable tones out of it on both, it gives the bass a nice lift to make it audiable. For guitar it doesnt offer great tones on its own, but because the initial sound is so bland it gives you a nice 'blank canvas' for multi effects.