MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I'm using this amp with my Epiphone G-310 with it's stock pickups and this amp goes along perfectly. It can get a little noisy on high gain levels. I have gotten some B.B. King sounds out of this amp as well as a little Metalica. The gain is really brutal if you add some contour. If you take the amp outside and turn the clean volume all the way up you get some mild overdrive. To make it nice and simple, all Marshall amps have a great sound, no questions asked.

I've been playing for about 4 years and I own a Epiphone G-310, a Dunlop Crybaby, and a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver. I play rock and blues and Marshall goes along great. If it where stolen or lost I'd buy a new one. I love the sound and how versatile it is. Marshall is simply the best rock amp out there. Forget Vox, Peavy and Fender. If you want to play rock, one of the requirements is a Marshall amp.

I can remember on a few occasions when I was playing on the overdrive channel but the amp automatily switched to clean. That usually happended when I was playing on high gain levels. That problem went away with time. I wouldn't take this to a gig because the wattage isn't high enough.

This amp has two channels, clean and overdrive. The overdrive channel is very versatile. I play blues and rock. I can easily ajust the overdrive channel to suite that. You can ajust the clean channel a lot as well, which supprised me. It also has two Digital FX knobs. This amp also has a headphone jack. I'm using it as my house amp. It's power is perfect as a house amp. I am unaware what year this amp was made in. I do wish it came with a footswitch (it does have a footswitch jack). Untill I get one, I'll have to switch channels with my hand.

jackson.88
    men you're f***ing insane! this amp is some kind of perfect come on! I use this amp with my Jackson Dk2 "hot rod flames" model, and i can say that it sounds more than awesome! how can you just give a rating of 2 to this amp! do you know anything 'bout guitar and amps? probably no! Its a good amp for the price! A wonderful amp! the overdrive is perfect, i can obtain every tone i want, and the clean couldn't be as a Fender one but its still good enough to have a more-than-decent sound! so if you own some crappy guitar like a strat copy from an unknown crappy brand from alaska or wherelse, please don't comment this amp! s**t its a MARSHALL! not a behringer!
    SuPaGrAm
    Hmmmmm Noob question alert: Do all of yours say 80 watts on the back?