MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: Prom Music

I own a Jackson RR3 with Seymour Duncan JB's and a liscenced Floyd Rose Tremolo. The amp sounds graet with this guitar. It's really not that noisy; usaually I have it set to about a quarter of the volume when I play. The amp doesn't have a huge variety of sounds, but that's fine, considering I don't really use the FX much. When cranked to 10, the distortion is pretty heavy and brutal.

I play metal, mostly death metal and thrash metal, but occasionally I play some alt-rock, punk and grincore. This amp works quite well for me. If it were stolen, I would probably track down and kill the person Who stole it. Simply put, this is a great amp with lots of great tones and will work with almost every style

I have not owned this amp for very long, but it doesn't short out on me, ever. I think I would use this without backup. It's a solid state amp. so I don't need to worry about the tubes or anything. I take good care of my amp, so I don't anticipate it breaking down on me.

I bought this amp at Prom Music. I'll admit that, despite having a low pricepoint, I was skeptical of the fact that it was a solid-state amp, which I've heard so many bad things about. But when I plugged my Jackson RR3 into it, I was pretty impressed. I play mostly metal and rock and this amp was perfect for my taste. It has two channels (clean, and overdrive) and mine came with a footswitch. It has 30 watts of out put and it's reasonably small, so it's not a bitch to carry around.