MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: GAK

I use an Ibanez RG321MH. With my old guitar the amp sounded a bit limited, but the Ibanez unleashes the distortion for awesome metal tones. I play mostly metal, and it'll make anything sound good. I play a bit of rock aswell, and the amp suits it well. The clean channel is a bit limited though-only 3 controls. Also, through headphones it is a lot quieter.

This is a good amp for metal and rock. The clean channel is also good for bluesy stuff, or jazz or whatever. I've been playing about 2 and a half years now, and have a cheap distortion pedal and I'm planning on getting a wah pedal soon. I'm not the most experienced in amps but I know that this is a good one. If it were stolen, I would consider either I higher range one, or maybe consider something else like a Line6 Spider III. Or I would just find and kill whoever stole it.

I have had no problems with it, although I have heard bad things about it's reliability. I can't say I take care of it much, but I don't neglect it. I don't chuck it around, infact, it hasn't moved in a year. But I don't do the whole put the controls to 0 kind of stuff. That's just me being lazy. But anyway, I've had no problems with the reliability.

It has 2 channels-clean and overdrive. It has a footswitch pedal input, a CD in jack (for plugging in iPods etc) and a headphone output. And of course, the all-important input. It has reverb, chorus, delay and flanger that are easy to use. It also has FDD (Frequency Dependency Damping).

jackson.88
    SG69. probably that's because your amp sucks! i don't know where are you from, but here in italy i bought a good amp. probably you got a bad one with problems. i've heard that sometimes people buy this amp and got terrible sound. i got luck and i bought the good one xD and i play from 3 years. and i might know something about guitars and amps. =)
    Pingis_Or_Death
    My friend has this amp and his guitar teacher tells him its a good amp and that its better than my Spider 3.