MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: Marshall.com

The guitars I am using for this amp are a Fender Squire and an Oldfield Elctric Acoustic. I use the elctric guitar for my most favourite guitarist, Angus Young and the acoustic for my acoustic artist, Santana and Clapton. It can be noisy but only if someone else says so, it allows you to rock out at your own pace and noise. The amp can make many varieties of sounds as the 10 different knobs will show with overdrive, delay, etc. If you do use the clean channel, it will still be the same on a high volume, it will not become distorted. The distortion can become brutal in different settings as you also can buy a distortion pedal for 12 when you buy the amp (prices may vary in different countries and stores).

I have mentioned my style of music earlier on in the review so this ampilfier is a good match for my styles. I have been playing for about 2-3 years now and I used to own a Fender amlpifier, I wouldn't recommend those! I have a Fender Squire Sunburst and an Oldfield Elctric Acoustic, also a G1 Effects Pedal, I would reccomend one of these! If it were lost or stolen I would buy a different electric guitar as I have owned this one for 2 and 1/2 years. All the others I would re-buy. I love the look of the amp with the metal knobs and metal strip. My favourite feature are the golden knobs. I compared this amp with a Vox amp. I chose this one as I believed it could give me the sound I wanted instead of just one variety.

As an intermediate player I can depend on this amp through gigs and practice. But if you want to take part in a big gig you may want to consider a back up. My amp has never broke down on me and I have never occured a break down. After 2 and 1/2 years of having the MG30DFX, it has never broke.

The MG30DFX is a fantastic amplifier which gives any beginner or intermediate what they want. The amp is the best amp that I have played with for my style of music which are: classic rock, alternative rock and some heavy metal. You can produce sounds of your favourite artists like I do with Hendrix and Eric Clapton. It has 10 diiferent knobs to choose your sound from. If you also want to keep your sounds to yurself there is a headphone jack. All the features are fine for me and I think they should be fine for any other user. I use my amp in my room and in my friends basement for my band practice. It gives me more than enough power to rock out and especially tonnes more than I need for my room.

Phoenixx
    I've been looking at this amp for practice for a while now, and im thinking about buying it, but then i found the Roland Cube-30. After all the crap reviews on this amp, im thinkin about buyin the roland one now, so, advice? Roland Cube-30, or Marshall MG30DFX? or any other suggestions for a practice amp?