MG30DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30DFX

Purchased from: Music Shop "Geiger"

I am using a Coxx explorer with two fat humbuckers and it really does the trick. I also have a Tenson beginer's guitar, but I have never tried that guitar on this amp. If you wanna play hard, this amp is for you. It has a nice distorsion/overdrive sound and it delivers a really good tone if you play rock as well. If you wish to add a nice bass line to your playing just engage the FDD (tube simulator) which is a really good way to get that Marshall sound you are looking for. It took me a while to find a perfect tone for my guitar, but now I think it's really good. The clean sound of this amp is done good. Combined with the effects you can get an athmospheric sound, or a slight crunch if you pass over the half of the volume knob which can be taken as an advantage or a disadvantage. This amp is capable of making very different sounds and if you are someone sticking to a same sound, I recommend it to you. I also have a Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distorsion pedal, which sounds quite nice with this amp. The only thing I don't like is that the same settings on a low volume and a high volume don't sound the same, and then you are obliged to change your setings to adjust to the volume level. The distorsion can get quite brutal if you go near the max tone settings, which is good if you are a headbanger player.

I've been playing for almost two years now. I used to have a Tenson amp before, which compared to this one, looks like a baby. I have seen many and have tried many differet amps as I have been born with amps surrounding me. The only thing I regret about it is the fact you can't use more effects at a time and that it doesn't have more effects, but I suppose that's being a bit selfish. I like it because it's a Marshall and because everyone knows about Marshall. It has a sound that fits me well. I really like this amp, but if it were stolen, I wouldn't buy it again, not because it's bad, just beacause I would invest money into something bigger and better.

I think that you can definitelly depend on this amp. It doesn't show any problems to me yet, but I have only been using it for less than a year, so I hope everything stays the same. Nothing hapens to it even if you drop what happened to me once (not on purpose).

The amp was apparently made somewhere around 2005 or 2006 in India, I think, even thought it was designed in the Marshall headquarters in England. I usually play metal, hard rock and sometimes clean. The amp has nice sound and if you know how to use it will fit your style perfectly. It's not a bas amp at all for it's price. It has multiple digital effects (Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flange) with an FX level knob (the control of the effect level) but what's bad about it is that you can only use one effect at a time. It has a clean channel with a volume, treble and contour controls and a second, overdrive channel with Drive, bass, contour, treble and ofcourse, a volume control. You get also a CD in port and a headphone/line out port. The speciality of the mg family, together with the digital effects is the tube simulator on the solid state amps from this family. It gives a nice bass line to the sound. I usually use this amp to practice at home, or to play with my friends, I still haven't gigged with it, but I suppose it would do the thing. The clean and the overdrive channel are nicely equaled, so you don't get the one louder from the other at the same volume level setting. You also have a footswich input for the pedal, but the pedal doesn't come with it, so you need to buy one if you want to change sounds quickly.

SkidRow92
    I wanna Know...Should I buy a Marshall MG30DFX or a Line 6 Spider III 30 or a VOX AD30VT...and Suggestions welcome.
    Sergeant Rock
    It's kind of ridiculous, the negativety this amp has been getting. I used a 15w fender frontman for 3 years and it still works perfectly fine to this day. If you guys can't keep a marshall working for even a year, you're obviously not using it right.