MG30DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Marshall: MG30DFX

I use this signal chain to get the sound I want: - Strat(soon to be replaced by Jackson) - Marshall compressor - Zoom G1X Multi Effects - Marshall MG30 DFX Clean channel: the clean is good, with the aid of my pedal board. but it's not amazing, it has 2 tone knobs the standard Bass and Treble. Overdrive channel: this overdrive is quite good. fiddle around with the knobs for about 11 seconds and you've got it... I do add a bit of distortion on my pedal board to give that little more punch for cutting through.

I play more on the rock and metal side, and have been playing about 5 years now. the amp has a great sound, but it's reliability needs to be taken into account, if this amp was stolen I wouldn't buy it again... I was excited when I got my first one of these (before the free replacement) I loved it, and it was loud, even for band practices with another guitar, bass, and drums I can still be heard. but for gigging if your not micing it, you wont be heard...

At first when I got this amp I was thrilled. it was much bigger then my starter amp (Micro Cube) and was a lot louder. But as the time past, the amp started to have problem's, serious ones, at one band practise I had we couldn't use the PA system, so we couldn't mic the amps. so we had to turn up. After a white the top of the amp began to get hot, which doesn't seam to be a big deal. Then... she cuts out! iv got nothing, then it started coughing up bits of sound. this happened for a long time after that practise, until she just gave way. So I got the amp replaced, the exact same model, from the exact same shop, for no price. So this new one worked for a while, by this time I had figured out it was the Headphone out jack that was the problem, if it cut out, I'd have to push the headphone jack at an angle from below to get my signal back to the speaker. and this is where I am now. I hate this amp, it is the second of it's kind to do this to me, so it's not just a once off!

This amp has 2 channels, clean and overdrive along with 4 effects and effects amount knob. it has a tube simulator button, headphone output, CD in and a foot Switch (wasn't supplied) it is a 30 Watt solid state. I'd prefer if it had a separate reverb knob as apposed to 4 effects in one knob and another for the volume of the effect. with the headphone jack you need to turn the volume up a lot to get sound out of it, and at high levels the speaker begins to through out sound too, not loud but it's there. all of the sound should be going out the headphone jack when it's in use.

Niavlys77
    This amp is a piece of shit, not at all worth the money...if you want a good amp for close to the same money get the fender fm65. MUCH nicer sound, and all you gotta do is get a good distortion pedal and you golden. but this amp? just no...
    wchurchill
    My school have this amp its alright it once muted it self but now its working fine , alright amp average sound , not the real marshall sound you would think. in my advice you should get a roland cube , line 6 spider