MG30DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Marshall: MG30DFX

I use an ESP LTD M200FM and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio Gothic with EMG 81 and 85 on the ESP and Seymour Duncan pickups on the Les Paul, which I find is pretty much perfect for the style of music I play. I've managed to get the distortion to sound pretty good. To achieve decent distortion with this amp, you don't need everything turned up as high as you think. I hardly ever use the clean channel on any amp, really, so I've nothing to compare it with.

Overall, it's a decent amp, not quite a Line6 but better than an MG1000. I've been playing for seven years, give or take, and for six of those I've had this amp and I have no qualms with it, what'soever. It sounds good, it hasn't broken down, it works with various styles of metal. Although, I wish the FX were better. But yeah, it's a good practise amp but for anything other than that, I'd say look elsewhere.

I keep reading reviews in which people say that their Marshall MG30dDFX keeps breaking down or some shit. You must be doing something wrong because I've had this amp for about six years now and not once have I had a single problem with it. Not once. I don't know, maybe it's because I don't try to perform live with it. It is, after all, a practise amp.

So I play death metal, melodic death metal, progressive metal and sometimes industrial metal aswell, and the MG's perfectly fine for those genres as far as I'm concerned, not quite a Line6 but better than an MG1000DFX. I use this amp in my bedroom primarily for practise, so it's powerful enough for what I do with it. There's a big hole in the back where I store sh-t aswell, which is useful (although I'm sure that's not why it's there).

Skullshredda
    I cannot express how rubbish this amplifier is. The distortion sounds like a sloth PMS'ing and the clean is dull. It breaks down, cuts out and is just generally crap i.e. this is a load of shit and you should not buy it.
    dumbface12
    In all honesty this amp is only good for beginners because when pedals are run through it, it'll sound like trash, when you use the OD channel, is a little above piss poor crap (only because i'm feeling generous), the clean is meh, and the digital FX is only there for beginners to hear what those effects sound like. So overall, this amp is only good for beginners wanting a amp that says MARSHALL.
    Stormymonday
    I bought it..brought it home..played through it about a hour..boxed it up and took this piece of Crap back! DO NOT BUY THIS AMP!