MG30FX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30FX

Price paid: € 199.99

Purchased from: Thomann

Since I play more of the heavy stuff (Heavy-Metal, Hardcore) I use OD2 or the clean channel with a distortion pedal and it's just awesome. You can crank the amp really loud but when you have a cheaper guitar (like me, a epi Special II that soon will be an ESP) I can give a buzz or a really high squeak, you should play in a closed room or if you play outside when it isn't moist.. But if you got a decent guitar it should work just fine. You can get a really nice clean sound from it or a nice crunch sound or a high scooped distortion and many more!

I play Heavy-Metal, Hardcore and Punk and this amp is a great match. Even with a cheaper guitar you can get the quality from the amp! If it was stolen I would probably get a marhall stack becaus it can pump some air, but if I didn't had the money I would definatly buy it again. I kinda hate the high squease when it's moist but with a better guitar you won't have that problem. It's a great amp for it's price and I recommend you to buy it! (Sorry if I spelled alot wrong but I don't live in America or England)

I allready used it on a gig and I didn't had any problems with it. But you need to use correct settings to get a nice live sound. You can use this amp for private use or you can play it just fine in a band. So far I didn't have any problems with it and I play it for about 8 months.

Marshall MG30FX is great! I think it was made in 2009 but I'm not shure, most of the time I play Heavy-Metal, Punk, Hardcore and Punk-Rock but you can use it for everything! It has 4 channels (1 clean, 1 crunch, overdrive 1 and overdrive 2 ( OD1 is the more heavy one)), when I recieved it after 2 days from Germany (wich is really quick) it came in a box full of bubblewrap and a handling guide. The amp is 30 watts but I compared it to a Line 6 Spider 3 60 watt and it's almost the same. You can also use a Marshall channel pedal for 40.

Agent51
    How do you have a 70w MG30FX? The "30l in the model number is the amps wattage.....
    adrianestuvoall
    hey i have one of this clen is good , but OD isnt , so i bought the mt2 metalzone and in my opinion sounds better , do you think it is a good combination ?
    Explorer939
    I have one, and it's just AWSOME!!!!! But I really want a distortion pedal, as I play Heavy music and the distortion isn't that heavy.can you recommend a good distortion pedal that is below $100 dollars? Thanks!
    RokLobsta
    I played one in a shop today. At least I think it was this one. I quite liked it. The only problem is that I have been hearing that they are notoriously unrealiable.