MG30FX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG30FX

Purchased from: Music Centre

I run a Yamaha ERG121c through mine. Like I said earlier, this amp suits the styles that I play. There isn't any noisy feedback at all, and the sound quality is excellent! This amp can be used for a variety of styles, rock, metal, blues, country, you name it! All you have to do is just tweak the controls a bit, and, voila, you'll have the sound you want! The manual that comes with this amp shows you how to get different sounds, e.g- High gain solo, raw crunch.etc. The amp has 4 effects: chorus, phaser, flanger and programmable delay. The distortion isn't that mean.

Like, I said, my amp suits my styles of music. I've been playing for over a year now, although, I've had this for about a month, now. If this were stolen, I would hunt down the cheap person and, well, you get the picture. I love everything about it: the looks, the sound, the features, it's just awesome!!! I just want harsher distortion, I have no other complaints. Well then, that's about it. Hope you this was comprehensive enough!

I can definitely depend on this baby, and I'll use it without a backup, if I ever perform live, or in a gig. I got this new, like, a month ago, so it hasn't really broken down yet, but I'm sure it'll never do so.

This amp is great! It is 70 watts and I reckon this was made in 2009. This is really versatile: it has 2 distortion channels (OD1 & OD2), 4 effects, and clean and crunch channels. I play Metal and rock, and this amp is perfect for these styles, although I would recommend you add a distortion pedal, as the distortion isn't that harsh. It has 4 channels-clean, crunch and 2 distortion channels. There is a headphone Jack and an mp3 Jack. There's a tuner in the amp, and an optional footswitch. The cool thing about the amp is that you can 'dial' in your tone, and save it. I wish the distortion would be heavier, though...

d4rk4rr0w
    Good amp, but the thing one has to remember is that its a cheap and SS amp, and I feel its an excellent SS amp, so dont expect tube like tone!