MG412 review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Marshall: MG412

I plug in with a Brian Moore with a raised JB in the bridge I mostly play metal and I play through a Pocket POD. This thing has some regular 412 punch but doesn't steal any brightness. It's not hummy and never has been. Depending on the head this cab can do anything. It seems to be to powerful on clean parts but the distortion is great. Since I run this amp through a Crate (thumbs down) I can get the best out of this amp.

I mostly play metal and that's a great match for me. I have been playing for a year and I have already stated my main gear. The only thing I regret about this cab is the head I put on it. If it were lost or stolen (I don't know how you could just lose a cab) I probably would get something better. I don't really like the pure sound quality because it's kind of muddy. I like that it has celestions in it though. I didn't really compare it with anything when I bought it and I wish I spent more money. I wish it had alnico gold's with a Mesa Boogie tri-rec head but we can all dream.

I would use it at a gig without a backup and have. It is relatively simple so it doesn't brake down that easy. I don't use it that much and it's in perfect condition. It has celestion 70 eighties in it so it is super reliable. Never been serviced but I have only had it for a year.

I am not sure which year this amp was made in and it Is a very versatile amp. Though this is a versatile amp it is mostly just a generic cabinet. I wish I could wire it to another cab but there's only one input and that's it. It's 120 watts so it's super loud whichi is always nice. It can sometimes be overkill because I use it in my bedroom. I kinda wish it had a little less, but for 120 wattts it's a super light cabinet.

pl0x
    With MGs with all the bad opinions, are cabs just the same?
    sam1618
    i played the mg half for 2 months or so, and just like with any kind of equipment in a series, you can get a really crappy piece if you dont try it out before you buy it. i loved both parts of the mg, and id still be on it, if my buddy didnt offer to sell me his 1960a lead cab, with his valveking head. a lot of people will talk crap on the mg, but its probably the best solidstate you will find for the price. i was in a band and my friend had the mg full stack, and we probably played around 30 gigs with it in one summer. we even recorded with it A LOT. people will say that it gets bad at louder volumes but if youre at anywhere worth playing at, they have a pa system and would be happy to mic your cab for you. when i got my valve king head, it sounds amazing on the 1960 4x12, so i decided to see if that was the cab or the head, so i stuck it on the mg cab. it was surprising how responsive and good sounding it was. id recomend you buy this cab, but first i would recomend that YOU TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! this is common sense, and if you dont, youre going to come back and write bad reviews on the faulty equipment that your local music store owner suckered you into buying. mg is a good cab. definately the part of the half youd want to keep, if you upgraded either the head or the cab. its light, sturdy (holy balls is it buff!), and it can handle MANY heads, and is a dream to record with. if you have more than what the half costs, id say go for the cab, and the peavey valveking 100 watt head. read the reviews on the vk100. good combo.
    Niavlys77
    lmao wtf, why does this guy keep calling the cab an amp?? way to do a bad review